Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Blessed to Rest!



Today I was so grateful to not have a full-plate of activities and obligations; what few I had I was able to barely get through.  After spending the morning finishing up the laundry, cleaning out closets, making caramel and almond joys to dip in chocolate, and running some errands with Blaine I started feeling very achy and weak.  I kept trying to push through it, but by 3:00 pm I surrendered to a headache and fever and fell asleep on the couch after taking some ibuprofen.  I slept for about an hour and then went and crawled into my bed and slept for two more hours before Blaine woke me up to take an important phone call. The sleep had revived me somewhat but I still felt icky.  I spent the rest of the night half listening to the Republican debate and trying to do some research on the effects betrayal trauma has on the brain and body for a chapter I am trying to edit in this book I am still writing.  I don't know how productive I was because my head was still too heavy to make any progress, but I at least have a better idea of the direction I want to go with it.  I also did some research on classroom management in preparation for a job interview I have tomorrow.  I sure hope I am feeling well enough to do my very best - talk about bad timing!  Anyhow, I am going to stay positive and be grateful that I have been able to rest and not be stressed out about being unable to do things that were pressing!  I am also grateful for Blaine and Ty being so loving and understanding.  Poor Ty has had to eat grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken noodle soup twice today because I was too weak to fix anything else.  Blaine had leftover salad - poor thing.  Tomorrow is a new day, and I am going to pray to be better and not worse in the morning.  It is amazing to me that I can find something to be grateful for even when I am sick!  This is such a great exercise for me to do each day.  It always allows me to go to bed on a positive note!  I am truly grateful for everything that Heavenly Father has blessed me with!


Count your many blessings see what God hath done!


Today's Verse to Ponderize:

1 Nephi 22:31

...Wherefore, if ye shall be obedient to the commandments, and endure to the end, ye shall be saved a the last day.  And thus it is.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment