Tuesday, December 8, 2015

A Day Filled With Gratitude!

It has been a seemingly normal day, however, I have so many things that happened today that I am grateful for.  That is the amazing thing about deciding to write on this blog every night - I take more notice of the simple things that occur each day that cause me to feel gratitude and in turn experience joy! So what might have been considered an average day in the past has been transformed into a GREAT day!  Remember that "gratitude is the beginning of greatness!"

The day started with being able to spend some quality time with Blaine talking about our lives - reviewing the past and anticipating what the future might hold.  We lamented over a few things and the conversation turned somewhat depressing.  But then, gratitude saved the day again!  He read my blog post from last night and it completely lifted his spirits, and he too could now see the greatness of the Lord and His hand in every aspect of our lives.  I'm telling you the truth when I say that this gratitude stuff really does work!  I am grateful for the precious time we were able to spend together this morning.

Early in the afternoon my visiting teachers came by to visit.  We had an uplifting conversation.  I have always been so grateful for visiting teachers and grateful to be a visiting teacher.  I know there are many blessings that come through this truly inspired program of the Relief Society.  I really enjoy doing my visiting teaching.  I am certainly not perfect at it, but I do manage to do it every month, but lately it has been in the form of showing up on their doorstep the last day of the month with some form of treat or gift and a note card.  I have promised them that I would treat them to a Christmas luncheon this month so I had better get with it!


It's a privilege to be the Lord's Hands!


I do it just like Molly... Notice how she has the last day of the month circled!


Later this afternoon Blaine and I drove to Cedar City and ate at the Pizza Factory for a late lunch.  I will always be grateful for the Pizza Factory.  I worked there during college and made so many great friends and memories there.  I am even more grateful for it because Dallin and Carter are now both working there and loving it!  While we were eating we ran into some relatives of mine from Beaver - Richard and Janet Oakden.  Richard is my cousin through the Robinson line.  Janet told me of a scrapbook she has made on the Robinson line and offered me a copy of it.  I was so excited.  I will have to make sure I take her up on it!  There is another thing I am very grateful for - people who take the time to do family history so that others can be blessed by it!  I am excited to get to know the Robinson clan a little bit better.

Blaine and I then went to Ty's basketball game at Canyon View High School.  His team won.  Ty didn't get to play too much because he has been having trouble with his hip.  We have been working on getting it better, but nothing seems to be working.  Back to Kris Hansen tomorrow for another adjustment, and I am going to make sure that Blaine and Dallin give him a blessing this weekend. That's definitely another thing I am grateful for - priesthood blessings given by worthy priesthood holders. Dallin and Carter joined us at the games and we enjoyed the rest of the evening with them.


There's my handsome baby boy - Ty Adams Milne!

Carter told us about his voice final.  He had to sing two songs for his final that he memorized.  One was even in Italian.  I am so grateful that Carter has had the courage to discover one of his hidden talents.  He really can sing.  His music teacher told him that he has a very pure and rich voice.  That made him feel really great!  Good-luck with the rest of your finals Carter!  Hey, try expressing gratitude for your opportunity to take final exams and I guarantee the result will be "greatness!"

During half time of Ty's game the principal from Piedre Vista High School in Farmington New Mexico called me and invited me for an interview.  I applied for a teaching position there.  I was quite surprised to actually get the invite because I am not a certified teacher, but he said we can fix that through an alternative licensing program, but he really needs to get the position filled and I have a lot of good credentials that will work for now.  If I get the job I will be teaching family and consumer science classes.  Wow!  I couldn't believe it.  I would really love the opportunity to do this. He and a panel of five other people will interview me via Skype either on Friday or Monday.  I am so grateful for this opportunity to at least interview!  Back when I was in high school this same class was called home economics and it was my favorite class.  I even served on the Utah FHA board as a peer educator.  I am grateful for unexpected opportunities that come my way!


I'll keep you posted on how this one turns out!


Lastly, I am just so grateful to have spent some quality time with my family.  I am so proud of my three sons.  They are each doing so well.  The Lord has really blessed me with three special boys and a husband that is not only handsome, but absolutely "all-world!"

Today's Ponderize Verses:

1 Nephi 15:23, 24

"And they said unto me:  What meaneth the rod of iron which our father saw, that led to the tree?

     And I said unto them that it was the word of God; and whoso would hearken unto the word of God, and would hold fast unto it, they would never perish; neither could the temptations and the fiery darts of the adversary overpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction."


No comments:

Post a Comment