Wednesday, December 16, 2015

A Tender Mercy

Today I am grateful for many things, but particularly for the tender mercies of the Lord.  I woke up at 5:30 am to take Ty to basketball practice and I still felt horrible.  I managed to get him there, but I came home and went right back to bed.  I slept restlessly because I knew I would need to get up soon so I could prepare myself for my interview with Principal Golden from Piedre Vista High School in Farmington, NM.  He was scheduled to Skype with me at 11:50 am.  I crawled out of bed at 8:30 am still having a fever, chills, and body aches.  I stood in the shower for what seemed an eternity letting the hot water soothe and massage my body.  I ate some breakfast and then did what I could to prepare for my interview.  To my relief Principal Golden's secretary called and said that he would have to reschedule our interview due to an unexpected schedule change.  I was so relieved.  I felt ready for the interview, but I truly didn't have the strength that I needed to be at my very best.  I consider this a great blessing and indeed a tender mercy from the Lord when I truly needed it.  Once the interview was cancelled I crawled back into bed and slept!


Today I am grateful to celebrate the Christ child.  It is because of him that tender mercies are possible.  Elder David A. Bednar has said that tender mercies are evidence that the Lord's grace is present.  I need His grace every day of my life!  I know that whenever I look for Him I will find Him and everything else that is important in my life!  #ilovecslewis


Upon waking up from my nap I felt my strength starting to return so I did some more research for this book that is taking forever to finish.  I also took the candy that I made yesterday out of the fridge and dipped each piece into melted chocolate.  Yummy!  I still felt weak, but not as sick.  I was able to fill five candy tins with homemade goodness.  I then took some to the sweet sisters that I visit teach and to my visiting teaching companion.  Check out the homemade chocolates and other goodies:


Bottom layer:  Pecan brittle and peppermint bark


Top layer:  Almond joys and chocolate dipped caramels



The finished product

I am so grateful that I felt well enough to go visiting teaching.  This always lifts my spirits, and it is wonderful to feel the love our Savior has for His precious daughters.  This months lesson is on Jesus Christ's divine attributes of compassion and kindness.  President Thomas S. Monson has said, "The Savior has always shown unlimited capacity for compassion.... Let us open the door of our hearts, that He - the living example of true compassion - may enter."  I am grateful to have felt the Savior's unlimited capacity for compassion through His Holy Spirit as well as those who have administered unto me throughout my life.  Thank you Heavenly Father for the precious gift of Thy Son and Thy loving sons and daughters.

Today's Ponderize Verse:

2 Nephi 1:20

And he hath said that:  Inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall prosper in the land; but inasmuch as ye will not keep my commandments ye shall be cut off from my presence.





No comments:

Post a Comment