Thursday, December 31, 2015

The List Goes On and On

I have been staying up late the last few nights doing some editing in a few chapters of the book I am writing as well as transcribing an interview with a therapist and doing additional research.  My brain was fried by the end of that so I was too tired to update the blog, so here is a list of the things that I have been grateful for over the past couple of days:

Finally found a physical therapist who knew what he was doing (we have been to doctors, physical therapists, and chiropractors to figure Ty's hip problem out)!

A diagnosis for Ty's hip problems - His right leg is over a 1/4 in shorter than his left!

Glad that the treatment is simple.  He is already seeing results after suffering for six months with it!

Beaver and Paul Elieson, PT...  Thanks for the great care and professionalism (love my home town)!

Carter and Blaine studying Spanish together by using a Spanish Book of Mormon along with the English version.  I am impressed with Carter's ability to read it and understand it!  It is so fun to listen to them.

Carter working hard his first semester of college and achieving a 4.0 GPA!

Dallin receiving word that SUU has upgraded one of his scholarships and he will now be receiving an additional $750.00 per semester!  Wow! What a blessing.  Both Dallin and Carter have all of their schooling paid for through scholarships with money left over to pay for housing, etc.. Way to go guys!  I am so proud of you!

Fascinating people...  I had the privilege of helping Blaine in the dental office yesterday while he did some dental work on some of his all time favorite patients.  First he worked on the daughter of one of Blaine's patients (who is also our good friend Lana).  Lana's daughter came all the way down from SLC to have Blaine do some dental work for her.  I also met the Mortensen sisters - all four of them! Wow!  Talk about intelligent and interesting.  They are so cute.  They all came to the dental office together to give their love to Blaine and to support their sister Amy who was having some dental work done.  They have been all over the world serving in various capacities from family history work, teaching English, archaeology digs, and serving full-time missions - to name just a few!  They shared many stories about their experiences and travels.  They have witnessed many miracles as they have been called upon to use their many talents throughout the world.  It was especially interesting to hear of their experiences in main land China, Japan, Mexico, and Bangladesh. They brought Blaine some salmon that they caught on a recent fishing trip to Alaska.  He is such a wonderful dentist.  I love to watch him interact with his patients.  He is so gentle and patient with them; he truly cares about his patients and they know it!

Carter's willingness to do laundry once again.  He had the entire bin washed when I came home last night, and he even cleaned his room and the bathroom!  Your mission companions, roommates, and your wife will surely appreciate your skills someday!

Good books!  I have been re-reading "The Peacegiver:  How Christ Offers to Heal our Hearts and Homes" by James L. Ferrell.  It is a book that should be read and re-read.  It provides incredible insight into grace, forgiveness, and charity.  I promise that by reading it, your entire perspective will change in regards to your relationships!  The section on "The Gift of Abigail" especially resonated with me.

Blaine's New Mexico License came today!!! We have been waiting for three months.  I thought we were all going to go insane.  The tension was growing stronger and stronger everyday in our house. Last night I think it hit an all time high so out of desperation I told the Lord that he had the power to speed up that license and that he could push it through immediately if it were His will, and if it was not His will then it would keep dragging on long enough for us to work on more patients here to convince us that it was worth staying in St. George.  Well, the call came today that it was approved and we should receive it by Monday!  We were told on Tuesday that the board would likely take another three weeks to get this approved, but the Lord really came through!

The Lord's mindfulness of each one of us, and His ability to penetrate our hearts and give understanding even when we might be bitter or cankered.  I am grateful that He loves me enough to bless me with His Spirit especially when I am the least deserving of it!

Verses to Ponderize:

2 Nephi 22:1-3

And in that day thou shalt say: O Lord, I will praise thee; though thou was angry with me thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.

Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment