Thursday, December 17, 2015

Temple Blessings

Today I am grateful for the blessings that come from having a holy temple so close by.  Blaine and I joined our stake for a special temple night at the St. George LDS temple.  We met at 7:15 pm in the chapel of the temple and had a special devotional by a member of the temple presidency and our stake president President Ellsworth.  This really set the tone for the endowment session.  Their counsel centered on light and truth, and how light is the symbol of truth - particularly in the temple. They reminded us to focus on our Savior who is the way, the truth, and the life, and is also the light of the world.  Then they challenged us to let our light shine, that others may see our good works and glorify our Father which is in Heaven.  President Ellsworth shared this scripture:

D&C 50:24

That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.

He then went onto tell us that the more we visit the temple the more light and knowledge we will be given, and that light will grow brighter and brighter until the perfect day.  This same light will also serve as a protection to us.  His words reminded me of something that the Denver temple president shared when we were in a similar setting over ten years ago.  He said that there would soon come a day that attending the temple once a month and even once a week will not be enough to restore the peace to our lives that the world will surely take from us.  I think that day is getting closer and closer. Some weeks I find myself wanting to sprint to the temple because I cannot get there fast enough.  I long for the peace and serenity that is there.  I love to sit in the endowment session and be filled with light and knowledge, and then enter the Celestial Room, and while surrounded by its grandeur and beauty, feel the love of my Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ.  I love to listen for the whisperings of the Spirit, and then be filled with the faith and courage to move forward.  I often find myself in the main sealing room where Blaine and I were married.  It stands as a beautiful reminder of the things that are the most important and that families are forever!

I love the St. George Temple.  It is my favorite temple, and I am so grateful for it!  I am grateful for a husband who is a worthy priesthood holder and loves attending the temple as much as I do!


I love how white it is!

The Celestial Room is beautiful!

One of my favorite pictures of the St. George Temple

Today's Ponderize Verse:

2 Nephi 2:24

But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things.



No comments:

Post a Comment