Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Force Awakens!


Today I am grateful for many things, but I am especially grateful that the powers of the dark side will always be no match for the light side of the force.  I am also grateful for free movie tickets!  Our three boys were able to see the new Star Wars movie Thursday night with some friends.  Blaine and I decided that we would go later-on when ticket demands had slowed a bit.  However, today was our lucky day.  Blaine's old baseball buddy Randy Wilstead gave Blaine four free tickets to tonight's showing of Star Wars at the Pine View Cinema.  We were so excited!  We couldn't talk our boys into going again with us so we called and asked Blaine's nephew Adam if he and his family wanted to join us.  We were so lucky to have Jaden and Cooper come with us.  Adam and Marcia have raised three great kids.  We had such a fun time with them, and we all really enjoyed the movie.  We even won two free giant buckets of popcorn.  The movie has received mixed reviews, but has managed to set blockbuster records which was expected.  I enjoyed the movie.  However, it was your typical star wars plot and very predictable.  Anyhow, may the force be with each of you throughout this holiday season!


It was awesome seeing Harrison Ford in the movie!  He is one of my favorites!

Today's Ponderize Verse:

I absolutely love 2 Nephi 4.  It is a beautiful chapter and beginning in verse 15 is what is known as the psalm of Nephi.  I won't write all 20 verses of his psalm, but I will share the final verse:

Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh.  Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto the, my God, the rock of my righteousness.  Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment