Monday, December 28, 2015

Monday Morning Initiatories!

I can't think of a better way to start a Monday then going to the temple and being reminded of the glorious blessings promised to us during the initiatory ordinance of the temple.  After a "rocky start" morning that began at 5:30 am I decided to head to the St. George LDS temple and take in an endowment session at 7:20 am.  Just as I pulled into the temple parking lot the thought occurred to me that I did not have my debit card.  I do have my own temple clothing, but the hem of my dress has come out and I haven't been able to fix it because my sewing machine is in storage and I am too lazy to go get it.  Thus, I have been renting my temple clothing for quite some time, and every time I do I think that I could have paid for a new temple dress by now with the money I have spent on rentals.  I have digressed from my intent in writing today - sorry!  Anyhow, I opted to go participate in the initiatory ordinances instead.  The clothing is provided at no cost, and plus they only take about an hour instead of over two.  I am so grateful that I did this today.  I really needed to be reminded of the magnificence of my mortal body, and the grandeur of my mind and spirit.  Our Heavenly Father loves us so much, and this love becomes very evident in the pronounced blessings of the initiatory ordinance.

The rest of my day was wonderful.  My burdens were lifted, and I was able to accomplish many things today with a much improved attitude from the 5:30 am attitude that threatened to ruin my day!

Another thing that I am grateful for today was the opportunity I had to eat lunch with Dallin and the Swedish moms and missionaries from St. George.  We ate at a new place called Marv's over on Bluff Street.  It is like an old fashioned diner.  We had a wonderful visit with these sweet mothers, and Sela Sandburg who served as a sister missionary in Sweden who just recently returned home.  Thank you Lesa Sandberg for organizing this fun lunch together.  We will meet again in May when two more missionaries from St. George return from serving in Sweden!



Welcome Home Sela!

Today's Verse to Ponderize:

2 Nephi 18:17

17 And I will wait upon the Lord, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment