Saturday, December 5, 2015

Cleanliness is Next to Godliness



Today I am thankful for the strength and energy I had to do some deep cleaning.  My house still smells of Febreeze, Clorox, Windex, and Pledge, and I love it.  After a long day of cleaning there is so much satisfaction in a job well done and a house well kept.  It makes me wonder why I don't do it more often!  If only it could stay clean like this forever, but there will always be more laundry to wash, toilets to scrub, floors to vacuum and mop, meals to prepare, and dirty dishes to clean and dry, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  I find cleaning very therapeutic, and for those of you who know me well know I need all the therapy I can get - LOL!




But the greatest blessing that comes from having a clean house is an increased ability to feel the Spirit.  That must be where the old saying comes from: "Cleanliness is next to Godliness."  Have you noticed that when your house is clean there is a more peaceful and loving Spirit that abides?  I've determined that a clean house also makes you more intelligent.  When my house is clean I know my brain functions on a much higher level and thank goodness for that!  The Lord has stated, "Let all things be done in cleanliness before me" (D&C 42:41) and "Be ye clean that bear the vessels of the Lord" (D&C 135:5).  I am going to sleep well tonight and sweetly dream as I enjoy my clean house, knowing full well that it will be short-lived, for tomorrow is Sunday (9:00 am church) and as we bolt to get up, showered, and dressed in our 900 square foot adobe house disarray is sure to happen. Thank goodness for "Muck-out Monday!"

Tonight's scripture to ponderize is 1 Nephi 12:17

"And the mists of darkness are the temptations of the Devil, which blindeth the eyes, and hardeneth the hearts of the children of men, and leadeth them away into broad roads, that they perish and are lost."


No comments:

Post a Comment