Friday, December 18, 2015

Grateful for My Birthday Boy!

Today I have so much to be grateful for.  It was a fantastic day mixed with a little stress here and there.  But Heavenly Father really blessed me with the strength and energy I needed to get everything done so we could have a super special end to our day!  Today is Blaine's 47th birthday.  It kinda snuck-up on me.  I knew it was coming, I ordered his gift well in advance, but before I knew it, it was here and I hadn't finalized anything for the day.  So, after dropping Ty off at early morning basketball practice I went straight to work cleaning my house and making a list of everything that I would need to do to make this day extra special for Blaine.  When it was finally not too early, I sent out some text messages to some of our close friends and family members inviting them to a birthday dinner at 6:00 pm at our little adobe home.  The morning flew by as I check one thing after another off my list.  Just when I thought I had everything under control I received a phone call from the principal at Piedre Vista High School in Farmington, NM.  He asked if I would be available to do a Skype interview today at 2:10 pm.  I knew I was super busy, but this was important so of course I said sure!  I quickly ran to Costco and purchased a pork loin roast, came home and threw it in the crock pot and prepared for my interview.

The interview went well.  I have no idea if I will get the job or not.  It is up to the Lord.  I am not a certified teacher, and I really think I surprised them with the depth of some of my answers.  Anyhow, it will be interesting to see how that plays out.  As soon as I finished my interview and quickly finished cleaning the house and then off to Harmons' to finish my shopping.  I was amazed at how things came together, and at 6:00 pm everything was ready to go.  I am so grateful this day for the tender mercies the Lord showed me along the way.  He knew that I was under the gun most of the day, but He really opened the door for things to run smoothly and not have any unexpected glitches because there was not a second to spare.

Tonight's menu included:  Sweet pork and grilled chicken burritos and/or salad, chips and salsa (mango/pineapple and regular), guacamole, cilantro lime rice, Cranberry Sierra Mist, and birthday cake and ice cream.  It was delicious if I do say so.  I was starving.  I had decided to start a fast last night because I really needed to find some peace and also ask the Lord for some extra help in helping our family move forward in whatever direction He deems best.  I just seem to be struggling in my ability to receive any concrete answers at this time.  I finally finished my fast at dinner time and I was famished.  It was so worth it though.  I cannot describe to you the peace that I have felt throughout this day.  It has renewed my faith that the answers will come, and when they do, I will recognize them when the time is right.

Tonight's guests included:  Our dear friends Rod and Bobbi Allen and Shane and Monica Johansen. My mom and step-dad Raymond also came and Blaine's brother Kirk.  Then of course the three boys were here as well.  It was a wonderful evening of food, friends, and family, but what made it even more special was that Carter's mission call came in the mail today just before the party started.  He will open it tomorrow evening at 6:00 pm.  Everyone is invited!  We are so excited to find out where he is going.  He is going to be a fantastic missionary!  What a wonderful day we have had.  Thank you Heavenly Father for my many, many blessings.  It really is true that gratitude = joy!  I am grateful and joyful this night! And, I am especially grateful for my wonderful Husband!  Happy 47th Birthday Blaine!  I love you always and forever!


Happy birthday to you; happy birthday to you; happy birthday dear Blaine; happy birthday to you!


Take a deep breath and blow hard!


Got 'em... Make a wish!


This is what the boys and I gave him - this is a framed certificate of his Army AEGD program.  We should have had this done years ago, but I just came across it in a box that has been in storage for some time.



Look what showed up today!  Can you guess where Carter might be going?  Join us tomorrow night at 6:00 pm to find out!

Today's Ponderize Verse:

2 Nephi 3:24

And there shall rise up one mighty among them, who shall do much good, both in word and in deed, being an instrument in the hands of God, with exceeding faith to work mighty wonders, and do that thing which is great in the sight of God, unto the bringing to pass much restoration unto the house of Israel, and unto the seed of thy brethren.

This prophecy given by Father Lehi is referring to Joseph Smith!


No comments:

Post a Comment